About Halal Cert
Islamic Centre for Halal Certification (W.B.) is an Indian Quarantine and Inspection. ICHC provides Halal certification services, consultancy and on-going support services to many companies in India & worldwide.
What is Halal?
Halal is a Quranic term which means lawful, permissible or legal. The opposite of Halal is Haram , which means unlawful or prohibited. Halal is a permissible and lawful act upon which no restriction exists according to Shariah Law.
what is Haram food ?
All kinds of food are considered halal except the following, which are haram:
• Swine/pork and its by-products .
• Animals improperly slaughtered or dead before slaughtering .
• Animals not slaughtered in the name of Allah .
• Alcohol and all forms of intoxicating and hazardous drinks .
• Carnivorous animals, birds of prey, and land animals without external ears .
• Pests such as rats, centipedes, scorpions and other similar animals .
• Animals forbidden to be killed in Islam e.g. ants, bees, spider and woodpecker birds .
• Animals which are considered repulsive generally like lice, flies, maggots and other similar animals .
• Animals that live both on land and in water such as frogs, crocodiles and other similar animals.
• Blood and by-products of blood .
• Foods and drinks which contain any of the above haram ingredients or contaminated through contact with any of the above products.